.

.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Hair Week :: Ombre Hair

Continuing on with a week of hair tips, styles, inspiration and ideas I would like to introduce you to ombre hair. Definition: The hair world borrowed the term 'Ombre' from the french word meaning shaded or shading. Ombre hair color is generally darker at the roots through the mid-shaft and then gradually gets lighter from the mid-shaft to the ends. It is usually achieved using a balayage technique and is ideal for clients looking for a low-maintenance style.
This style is low maintenance because it doesn't matter if it grows out becuase that just adds to the style! Therefore, no root touch ups needed and you have a cool new stryle! Here are a few photos I love:

Or you can go safer and use these colours....

but I say go big or go home.

Here is a tutorial on how to get your own ombre hair. I think I might do this when I get to school. I can't do it during the summer because we are not allowed to have crazy hair like this at work! haha. xo ldc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews