.

.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Guest Post from Punk Projects

Hi! Katie here, from Punk Projects! I love doing anything crafty- scrapbooking, crocheting, sewing, quilting, etc. I also love anything mixed media, and so I thought "Why not make some mixed media Valentines??"
I hope you guys enjoy this tutorial. :)
Supplies: Pretty Papers, (I used scrapbook paper and book pages) Paint, Paintbrush, Sharpies, Misc embellishments. (scrabble tiles, scrapbooking rub-ons,  buttons, etc)

1. Cut your paper down to the size you want. Mine are 3" x 4"
2. Taking old book pages and other fun papers, cut out hearts and glue them to your valentines.
 3. Paint an outline around your heart. I used white and pink paints, I also used a sparkle glaze over a few of the hearts. It just adds glitter, so if you don't have a sparkle medium, you could always just sprinkle some glitter onto your paint.

4.Now you just have to embellish your hearts! Have fun. I used a variety of embellishments.
Papers, Scrabble Tiles, Scrapbooking Rub-ons, Buttons, Letter Stickers and Sharpies!
 These were super easy and fun, and I didn't have to go out and buy any Valentines themed papers or embellishments. Are you making your own Valentines this year?


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wow what a great way to save money and be creative, this really shows how much you care about someone, when you make it by hand.

      Delete
  2. I like your style: brief and informative. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews