.

.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Chevron Desk

Hello! So I thought I would share with you how I did my chalkboard chevron desk. I originally got the idea/inspiration from this post. I even used her tutorial in order to figure out how to do this! So now I am going to share it with you!

Supplies: Contact paper, Chalkboard paint, a ruler, a paintbrush (not an expensive one cause it might ruin it), scissors, a flat surface (my desk in this case). 
Step One: Get some contact paper (I got mine at wall mart in the kitchin-ish area). I measured mine out to be a zig or a zag every five inches. There are marks on the back to tell you how far is an inch. So that means that every triangle of mine is 10 inches. Then draw the lines on the back and cut it out. Make sure you save the little triangle pieces you cut out of the zig-zag. Step Two: stick the long piece of contact paper to your desk (surface) wherever you want to paint. Then take the little triangles you cut out of that piece and line them up on top leaving the amount of space you want for your chalkboard paint to be on your desk (you can see this in the photo for step three). Step Three: Paint on your desk staying between the lines of your contact paper as much as possible. When you are done painting remove the contact paper before it starts to dry or it will peel up the dry edges. *repeat steps for however many chevron stripes you want!*

The finished product:
Ps. make sure yo check out my new sponsors on the right! ldc.

3 comments:

  1. Such a neat idea! It looks really fantastic! I kinda want to do this to every piece of furniture I own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute! Great Idea! I have a table that's kinda beat up, this would be a perfect makeover for it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews