I have never done a post like this so PLEASE let me know if it doesn't work for you!
Let me know if it does work so I can check it out on your blog!Feel free to ask questions!
If there is another word for the "image menu under the header" I am unaware of it. I am not that gifted when it comes to html codes. My uncle helped me figure out how to put the image links at the top of my blog and I realized that it really is not that difficult, so I thought I would show you all how to do it!
1. Go to your dashboard and click design.
2. Under your header there is a place to put a gadget.
3. Open a html gadget.
4. Copy this link:
<a href="http://ldcdesigns.blogspot.com/"><img hspace="22px" border="0" src="http://Image Location Goes Here" />
5. Add the link to the page you like [ex. home, about me, twitter etc]
6. Make sure you have the image you want to use uploaded somewhere online. Copy the image location and then paste it into the code.
[I have an un-published page on my blog that I use to upload images onto. I find this more convenient than using something like flickr]
7.Where it says: hspace="22px" That is the horizontal space between each image. You can change that number to line it up the way you like. [vspace="22pt" is for vertical space. If you need a vertical space, I didn't]
8. Do this for every link. I have 6 links at the top so I had to do it six times.
Email Button: If you want to make one an email button then instead of adding a link add mailto: YOUR EMAIL [no spaces] ex.mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
For other HTML help visit: http://www.w3schools.com/ and http://www.echoecho.com/htmlforms14.htm