.

.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cupcake DIY

Here is a guest post DIY I did for Cartwheels on my Mind.

Before we get to the fun stuff I will tell you a little about myself. I am 19 years old and I spend most of my leisure time crafting. Sewing is my first love but I have many many second loves. Here are a few pics of what I do! You can see all of my things if you visit my facebook page.
I was asked to do a guest post for you all and as I was making cupcakes with my best friend and my little sister I though "Wouldn't this be an awesome guest post!" I have a bunch of photos of cupcakes we decorated that will hopefully inspire you and a couple of cupcake DIYs along the way!

Lets get rolling...
First a little inspiration...
Getting hungry? I am....
Looking at these you can get a couple ideas for your own decorating.

Want to know a little secret about these delish looking cupcakes?
I thought so.... the inside of them are tie dyed ! Didn't see that coming did you?
 So how did I tie dye these beauties? Simple...
All you do is pour your batter into different bowls, use food colouring to turn the bowls of batter all different colours and then pour them into the cupcake tins in layers. Then we used a tooth pick to make cool designs in them.
Voila! Now thats not all... oh no, I have more in store for you!
Once your cupcakes are all cooled off you are going to need to decorate them! You are going to need to dye your food colouring different colours, the same as you did with the batter.
 Step One: Cover the top with frosting.
Step Two: Using a tooth pick, put a glob of another coloured frosting in the middle.
Step Three: Using the tooth pick again, pull the frosting from the middle to the edges making a star shape. And then use the tooth pick to go around in circles making a wavy thing.
Step Four: Then add a chocolate chip and some sprinkles!
Done! Wow, now I am starving.

Now for a random fact about me! Well.. this is a little weird, but I totally love pictures of feet. I don't necessarily like feet.. but I like pics of them !
Well, that's all for now! I really hope you enjoyed this! Let me know if you make any cupcakes! You can visit me at my blog, on facebook, twitter or flickr!

xo ldc

2 comments:

  1. We love the new look! Great job!!!

    You need some music though to complete the experience.
    Check out our blog http://studiodavann.blogspot.com/
    There you will find a free player,(top right in the gadgets) that accesses music of all kinds via streaming links Check it out.

    D&A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip ! :) I am starting to get the hang of the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews